Thursday, September 21, 2017

~ Blogger's Quilt Festival~ Entry 1

This will be my first entry ever in the Bloggers Quilt Festival hosted by Amy@Amycreativeside.  I must admit deciding what quilts to enter was difficult.  So the decision was made to add my most recent quilt finish for entry one and my all time most loved quilt for entry 2.
My quilt "Sweet Sixteen" was the last quilt to be quilted.  However I designed and made it well over a year ago.  The inspiration for this quilt came from the old fashion appliqued crossing tulips design.
The plan was for it to hang in my Studio for Valentines Day.  But the overall tradition feel of the quilt allows it to be displayed all year long.  Okay maybe it's just me and my love for the quilt...HAHA!
One of my favorite design elements of the quilt is the fussy cut hearts in the center of the stars and at the top of the hearts.
The reason why I waited so long before quilting it was because I simply didn't know what to quilt.  Then one day it became very clear that I needed to keep the heart motif going in the quilting.  It was well worth the wait.

Thanks for stopping by my little spot in Podunk!

~ Lea Anne ~
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. So cheerful and bright - love the quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous quilting. The colours are so fresh and cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is lovely! Yes, heart motifs were definitely the right thing to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet quilt. I love the colors you chose and the way you made a flower out of a hear. Charming. Thanks for sharing it with us on the Bloggers Quilt Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to see this quilt. Love the reds, pinks and greens.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...